Monday, July 10, 2017

Art Educator Spotlight - Rebecca Butler - Monday, July 10, 2017

I'd like to introduce you to Rebecca Butler!



Rebecca teaches at Okemos High School. Her favorite thing about teaching art is knowing that her art classes are a fun place for kids to learn. Rebecca has taken her students on several trips including to Italy and New York City throughout her teaching career.


Rebecca's favorite art quote:



Her greatest teaching achievement to date:

"I'm pretty low key, not really the type to go after any awards. I guess my biggest achievement is teaching for 32 years and I still like the kids!!"

Her most memorable thing about teaching is "seeing my students each day that look forward to working on their projects." Here is a link to Rebecca's teacher page where you can see her 2016 Scholastic Winners featured artwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment