Monday, July 31, 2017

Current Events in the Art World

I love sharing interest art happenings with my students. One way I used do this was by assigning weekly art current events or interesting art finds that we'd share out to the class on Mondays. All they had to do was a little research to find out what was going on in the world related to art and post a little blurb about it, perhaps with an image or related link to their art blogs and then every Monday we'd share a few of their finds at the start of class. I'd also come prepared with my own art event or happening to share with the class. It was always so interesting what they would discover. It ranged from interesting artists, recent events relating to art exhibits or art theft, or neat videos featuring anything art related. Below are a few of my favorites.


Steal like an Artist



Embrace the Shake



Nick Cave's Sound Suits



Shake the Dust







No comments:

Post a Comment